Not many people can drink vodka straight, and that's were fruit infusions come in, and one of the best infusions for vodka is the raspberry. Raspberries create a great-flavored vodka, which can be used for a variety of mixed drinks.
This vodka infusion has the fresh juiciness of raspberries without the artificial, chemical-like taste of flavored vodkas. Kevin Martin of Eastern Standard shows how simple liquor infusions can be. How does this infusion yield such a vibrant raspberry-red hue? Freeze the berries for a few hours. The ice crystals that form will cause the cell walls to burst and yield a bold color. Cover and leave the mixture and room temperature for 3 weeks. Then strain and use in your favorite vodka-based cocktails.
Makes 1 liter
* 1¼ lbs fresh raspberries
* 1 liter vodka
* container for infusing
* fine mesh strainer
* 1 liter-sized glass bottle
1. Freeze fresh raspberries for 2-3 hours
2. Remove from freezer, place in a container and pour vodka over the berries, making sure that the fruit is completely submerged
3. Cover and store at room temperature for 2-3 weeks. There is no need to refrigerate the mixture
4. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a bottle; ready to use in your favorite cocktails such as Kevin Martin's Raspberry Summer Crush!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades